Monday, December 2, 2013

The Holidays Are Upon Us!

We finished November with our family Thanksgiving get-together and my birthday.  Thankfully, this year was the closest Thanksgiving gets to my birthday because let me tell you, by the time Thanksgiving was over I just wanted to sleep through my birthday :-) Of course Alex wouldn't have that and instead took me to stay at the Ritz in LA for a night AND to see Michael Buble (4th row from the front, no less!). At the start of December we began our book advent calendar with the girls. I wrapped all their Christmas books and then bought a few more new ones to bring us to a total of 24. They get to open a book each night to read before bed.  On the 1st day of December the girls awoke to find Ellie the Elf clinging to the front door! Then that night book 1 was Elf on the Shelf.  That first day they didn't really understand her purpose and when asked what they wanted to name her Olivia chose Bananas and Emma chose Coco (my parents' dog).  Mom and Dad vetoed those choices and we finally all agreed on Ellie the Elf.  The second morning had much more exciting results when they found her climbing the banister :-) We are only a couple days into December but I'm already so excited for Christmas because the girls just "get" so much more about the holiday this year :-) Enjoy some pictures from the last few weeks!

Thanksgiving
Michael Buble Concert
                                                               Reading Elf on the Shelf
                                                                 Ellie's 1st visit
                                                                    My birthday
                                                            Sleeping Beauty at the Ahmanson Theater with my mom and sister
Book Advent Calendar
                                  Ellie's 2nd visit (I think this can only be viewed on a desktop, sorry!)

No comments:

Post a Comment