Monday, August 11, 2014

Beach Day

Sad as it is, we have never actually taken the girls to the beach! I mean, they've been to Ventura more times than I can count, several times to Santa Barbara, and even Long Beach. BUT we've never physically sat on the beach and played in the ocean. Unless you count the one time Lu fell off the boardwalk into the sand in Santa Barbara...I know, I know, you're wondering how they made it to 3 when I spent my summers at the beach and Alex went all the time with family too. Realistically, I never wanted to attempt the mess of sand, diapers, then potty-trained, fair-skinned, eczema-suffering, kiddos at the beach. I'm selfish like that. Thankfully we've reached a point in raising the girls where they're honest about bathroom needs, don't stick everything in their mouth, and listen to my rules (for the most part). Soooo yesterday we joined baby Hannah and family for her first time at the beach! Not surprising, Emma couldn't stand the mess sand made and Olivia would roll in it immediately after getting wet. We had a great time with family and watching all the little girls play together is the best thing ever. The girls entertained us on a stage at a Mexican restaurant afterwords (doing yoga I might add!) and then we all had some yummy ice cream. Thanks to the ice cream the girls were WIRED for the drive home so we stopped at our favorite fruit stand, Francisco's, to let them burn some more energy.

Filling up at the gas station...iPad addicts. 
Oh Emma...
Burying Uncle Corey
Curly-Q
My kid would play with sand crabs
Poor little sand crabs...
Captured this strawberry mid fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment