Monday, April 6, 2015

Spring is Here!

The girls are so happy it's warming up! They've spent everyday outside on their scooters (now that we finally have cement poured) and with most of our new patio cover up I don't have to worry about sunscreen-ing them to death 20 times a day! This is such a short window we get so I hope they enjoy it because in a month from now they're going to be complaining about how hot it is!
This kid has a fit every time we buy new undies because she likes the boy ones and they just don't fit her skinny frame. I got a wild hair and made some dinosaur ones myself! I've literally never used a sewing machine and hadn't even opened the one I bought back on Black Friday. I grew up around my mom and her machine but actually doing it myself...I'm still a little shocked I managed!
Toddler yoga!
I started saving all my veggie scraps and pieces that would go bad before I could use them. Just kept a bag going in the freezer and when it was full I cooked myself some veggie stock!  Froze two big containers and a bunch of 2oz disks. I love the 2oz sizes, so easy to use when I cook!
Using our stock to make carrot orzo. 
I found this potato-head mouth in my make-up drawer!
Chocolate peanut butter avocado pudding we made, compliments of the Borden's we visited in February!
So happy it's warming up! Much easier to dress my skinny-minnies!
The girls made such a big deal about seeing the Easter Bunny this year--we had to do it right this second, in their dirty dance tights and with their lunches all over their faces.  
On a really windy night Emma was very upset. At bedtime I heard Lu tell her she would "protect her." When I did my final bedtime checks I found this!
Quick Disneyland trip with Auntie. 
Beach day with dad. 
Uppercase-Lowercase matching experts!
They are the reason my grey hairs are multiplying. 
Making a window cover from the girls' old crib sheets! So happy to finally cover that ugly foam we stuck in their window!
Our Easter morning guests that decided above our sliding glass door would be a good nest spot!
Easter Sunday egg hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment