Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

 I thoroughly enjoyed my first Mother’s Day with my girls OUTSIDE the womb!  Last Mother’s Day I was big and uncomfortable and pretty much miserable :-(  This year was so much more pleasant and memorable.  Alex took the monitor with him when he woke up so I got about an extra hour of sleep while he made a yummy french toast bake breakfast.  I received two lovely cards from my little ladies, 2 dozen roses from Alex, and a ginormous orchid with a ton of buds close to blooming.  *Orchids are special to us as it was the first gift Alex ever gave me.  On our first date he showed up with a potted orchid and a book on caring for them.  At the time I thought it was strange for an 18 year old to bring a potted plant to a first date but it turned out to be quite the tradition for us.  The tradition has mostly been my remarkable talent to single-handedly kill each and every orchid Alex has ever given me :-( No matter how carefully I read that book cover to cover, no matter how closely I followed his nana’s orchid advice, I have not managed to keep any orchid alive to rebloom for a second time.  For those who have seen my tattoo that is its purpose—a permanent orchid I cannot kill :-)  And ever the faithful husband, Alex continues to purchase the nicest, most expensive orchids in the hopes that I finally make peace with my beloved potted friends.  

Later in the evening we met up with everyone for dinner at Buca Di Beppo and it was such a great time.  I'm looking forward to many more Mother's Days with my family!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment