Sunday, May 12, 2013

An Exposé on Puppy Dog and Henry

I thought it was time to do a little piece on the 3rd and 4th important members of our family: Puppy Dog and Henry McEwan.  These two stuffed animals have become such a crucial part of our girls' lives that at times they drive me just as nuts as our kids! Olivia has had Puppy Dog since birth but it wasn't until around 4 months that she could recognize him and freak out without him.  Emma was given Henry (the St Bernard) by Auntie Shanyne at her 1st birthday--they've been inseparable ever since.  When I say the girls are addicted to their dogs, what I actually mean is they are obssessed, to the point that we've had to invest in two more Puppy Dogs and two more Henry's.  Since both dogs have some white to them they get incredibly dirty (mostly because the dogs go everywhere with us) and it was impossible to even take them away to run them through the wash. So I bought some more of each while it was easy to find them for purchase.  Now we have a Puppy Dog and a Henry for the house and a set in the car and then the 3rd extra set I use for laundry day.  Puppy Dog and Henry get a spa day once a month or so where I lovingly wrap them up together in a pillow case, send them through the delicate cycle, and then they air dry in a secret locale so that I don't ruin the illusion the girls have of their "one and only dog."  I know that eventually the girls will discover my trick but for now this works best for all of us and heaven forbid if something were to happen to one of the dogs we do have replacements :-)  So there you go! Now you know a little more about the dogs you've probably seen gracing most of our pictures: "Pupppppy Dogggggy" and "On-ry" (Henry is On-ry, who is actually French Canadian if you didn't know...).

Lu and Puppy Dog 8 Months
Emma and Henry 12 Months
Lu and Puppy Dog 22 Months
Emma and Henry 22 Months


No comments:

Post a Comment