Saturday, August 17, 2013

Aloha!



We recently took our first big solo vacation since the girls were born.  Up until this point we had never been away from the girls for more than 48 hours so I was quite nervous planning our 8 day trip to Maui.  We chose Hawaii because Alex and I had both been to parts of Hawaii separately but never together and for our first big away trip we wanted to stay fairly close to home so Hawaii it was!

As luck would have it, we landed in Maui 3 days before Hurricane Flossie hit.  Since we knew it was coming we spent those three days doing as much as we could and it was good thing we did!  The whole island pretty much shut down during the 2-days of Flossie (room service for dinner on the night it hit hardest took 2 hours at 8PM!).  Then of course, after everything cleared up I got sick :-(  We spent the remaining days of our vacation lounging in our room watching movies.  So while it didn't exactly go how we planned, we made the best of it, as we always do.  I also realized I can NEVER be away from the girls that long again and that our next big vacation will have to be a family one.  I'm sure Alex has been sharing with everyone my complete emotional breakdown the night before we left for Maui and how I cried after every time we FaceTime'ed with the girls...




Best breakfast: Kihea Caffe




















Old Lahaina Luau
The start of Flossie
Windy!




No comments:

Post a Comment