Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Big Girl Beds

After catching Emma rappelling in and out of her crib we decided it was time for toddler beds. Luckily their cribs were easily converted to toddler beds. We let them play in them for an hour earlier in the day to hopefully cut down on wanting to play in them at night. We weren't sure what to expect--chaos or calm. It ended up being a mixture of both but we were pleasantly surprised to find that NEITHER of them left their beds even one time :-) Emma did get herself quite worked up at bedtime but once she fell asleep she was out until morning! Olivia was quite excited about her big girl bed and sat up in it for an hour reading a book before finally falling asleep. All in all the experience went a lot better than I expected and I'm just in shock that we've accomplished potty training, ditching the pacis and highchairs, AND big girl beds all in the last 30 days.

So proud of these two!  I'm still finding it hard to believe they stayed in their beds all night BUT I know with certainty they did because I stayed up all night with my eyes glued to the monitor like a crazy woman :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment